Universal Design – Home Construction & Renovation at the Lake of the Ozarks and Mid-Missouri
Center for Universal Design (CUD) at North Carolina State University established seven principles of UD to provide guidance in the design of environments.
The 7 Principles of UD:
- Equitable use: The design is useful with diverse abilities.
- Flexibility in Use: The design accommodates a wide range of individual preferences and abilities.
- Simple and intuitive: Use of the design is easy to understand, regardless of the user’s experience, knowledge, language skills, or current concentration level.
- Perceptible information: The design communicates necessary information effectively to the user, regardless of ambient conditions or the user’s sensory abilities.
- Tolerance for error: The design minimizes hazards and the adverse consequences of accidental or unintended actions.
- Low physical effort: The design can be used efficiently, comfortably, and with a minimum of fatigue.
- Size and space for approach and use: Appropriate size and space is provided for approach, reach, manipulation, and use regardless of the user’s body size, posture, or mobility.
1594 SF universal design home within Camdenton city limits. Premier home for sale from rebuild contracting.